Meriadeck Bordeaux

To the west of the main town is the district of Meriadeck.¬†The area owes its name to the Prince Cardinal de Rohan, Ferdinand Maximilian Meriadec, Archbishop of Bordeaux who built the Palais Rohan in 1771 (which in 1835 became the town hall) and offered land to the city, then¬†cramped in its geographical boundaries inherited from […]

Read More